Friday, January 8, 2010

208(-6.5lbs)




I made it through the first 3 days, the cleanse stage. It was not easy eating salad twice a day, but I switched up the protein portions each day. I had some fabulous chicken marinated in red wine vinaigrette with a little extra red wine and tarragon. I also had veal and seared yellow fin tuna. The veal was on sale in the 30% off bin at Randall's and the tuna is frozen from Costco. Both were very good with little seasoning and no oil.

Today was the first day of the regular diet that I will continue on until I lose all 70 lbs.

I have my choice of:
2 proteins servings
4 vegetable servings
2 fruit servings
2 starch servings
then I get to include 2 of Quick Weight Loss Center's(QWLC) supplements as snack/dessert type meals.

There is actually a lot of food, in smaller servings over the entire day and the QWLC supplements are all high-protein, low fat, lot calorie, low sodium.

I actually FELT healthier when I went shopping for my new foods. Nothing comes in a box and most things must be fresh. I did get some frozen okra and squash, but everything else was fresh fruits, veggies, meats and light bread.

I love love love love LOVE cooking and I love to take a recipe and make it my own. I bought some eggplant and had never cooked eggplant before, so I GOOGLE'd some recipes and ended up coming up with 3 that will work with my diet. Tonight, I made a Thai inspired Spicy Basil Eggplant dish. It called for fish sauce, which I have, but cannot use on the diet due to the high salt content, but instead, i added some yellow cherry tomatoes and fresh ginger and the combo was great. I will definitely make this again!

Everything that I made today was surprisingly flavorful and I am definitely not hungry after each meal/snack.

The one thing that i have found is that I am often bored and have a hard time finding things to occupy myself. I guess I used to eat, drink wine, watch TV, repeat, repeat, repeat.....I love reading, but am just not in the mood this week and it is too darn cold to go outside. I cannot wait for it to warm up so Abby and I can go on walks to see the fancy houses just outside my neighborhood.

I have posted my BEFORE pics and I am already noticing a difference, mainly in my belly and hips/thighs. I cannot wait to get my flat stomach back, so I have a training session tomorrow at the gym. If you would have told me even a month ago that i would be in the gym on a Saturday, I would have laughed, but I want to loose this weight, and more importantly, be able to incorporate WINE back into my diet. I mean, WINE is the most important food group!!

In closing, I want to state that I am about to start my period(sorry guys) and I am dying for some chocolate!!! I will be trying one of the QWLC chocolate bars for dessert tonight, but i am not expecting much. My ass will surely thank me later, though.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

To fill the boredom would you like to learn to crochet? I have a wonderful collection of warm and fuzzy scarves.
You are an amazing cook girl.

Lindsay said...

I just love you...you always know how to make people smile & laugh!! I can't tell you how much I admire you for your strength & determination!!

Jennie Hatler said...

Everytime I talk to you about yuor diet plan you get more and more motivated! That says alot about your strength and character.. You ROCK!!!

Love ya bunches