Wednesday, January 6, 2010

210lbs(-4.5lbs)




I was so honored and happy about the comments and support many of you gave me on starting this journey.

I am using this blog as a tool to keep myself honest about my weight. I cannot promise that what i write will always be positive, eloquent, or even grammatically correct, but I promise it will be HONEST!

I have never been a "fan" of diets, but I guess I never really needed a diet until now. I did lose my "freshman 30" on Weight Watchers when I was at Texas A&M - WHOOP! - but I have way more emotional baggage now and used food, and wine, to help bury those feeling for YEARS!

My Mom, Cathy, recently started losing weight with Quick Weight Loss Centers(QWLC) and after seeing her lose 30 lbs, I thought I would give this a try.I will talk more about what I am doing to lose the weight as I go, but I am currently on a low calorie "cleanse" for 3 days.

Breakfast: 2 eggs any way
Snack: 1/2 orange
Lunch: unlimited protein, unlimited salad greens, light Italian dressing
snack: 1/2 orange
Dinner: unlimited protein, unlimited salad greens, light Italian dressing

I am also drinking 80oz of water a day and 2 "boost" energy drinks provided by QWLC

I actually feel lighter and more "awake". I went to bed early last night because I was bored, and could not think of anything better to do...okay, insert dirty joke here.....

After my first weigh-in tonight, I decided to clean the fridge and pantry and replace the "bad" with the "good" - or more correctly, I took out the crap I cannot eat and replaced it with the stuff that will help me lose the FAT!! I had a garbage bag so FULL I could barely carry it to the dumpster. I did keep some things that I can incorporate back into my diet after the weight loss, but decided to bag them up and put them in the closet so they are not staring me in the face(damn you TIM TAMS!!!)

I have cheated - I had 1 almond yesterday,but once I had had the "forbidden food" I felt fine and stopped at the one. Today, I had a half a glass of rose wine. I am a little upset with myself for having the wine, but I think this slip will keep me from being tempted to fall off the "diet wagon" again. To be honest, it was not nearly as good as I thought it would be. Go figure! (yes - I like my exclamation points).

Well - 10pm - off to bed to watch Chelsea Lately - I love that chick - "Are you there Vodka, Its me, Makenzi?????"

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Oh my gosh mak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is awesome! I am so incredibly proud, inspired, and excited for you. I know you will succeed in all your goals and achieve more than you ever dreamed. Congrats! YOU CAN DO IT!

I love u- Taylor

Alissa M said...

You can do it!!! You are on a great start and I know you will keep it up!!! Once you get in the routine it will all come natural!! Keep it up!!!
(the glass of wine is ok - gotta have it every now and then!! ;))